Modified on: Tue, 15 Jan, 2019 at 4:39 PM
Decathlon is a global company, but every country within the company operates as an autonomous business.
Decathlon Australia gladly offer a 365 day returns and exchanges policy, much like many of our overseas stores.
For our customers who have made purchases at an international Decathlon, we aim to honour the warranties and guarantees offered by those stores in that we will accept returns, exchanges or warranty claims on their behalf.
All of our customers are entitled to return any product they are dissatisfied with, based on the following:
- The product does not perform its required function as advertised.
- The product does not meet the guaranteed standard.
- The product was received damaged or faulty.
- The product differs from what was ordered. (e.g., size, shape, colour)
- Reasonable conditions of use rendered the product damaged or unusable.
- The product did not last for the guaranteed lifespan under recommended conditions.
There is, of course, the option to exchange your product for an item of equal, greater or lesser value, only based on the condition that the exact product is available in the Decathlon Australia range.
There are some limits to this policy however.
The conditions under which we will not provide a return, exchange or warranty claim are:
- If the item is considered unusable or damaged due to use in conditions beyond what it was purposed for.
- If the exact item is not an active part of our domestic range. (Including varying colours, sizes or non Decathlon brands that may be retailed in other countries)
- If there is no available proof of purchase. (Confirmation emails will not suffice)
In order to facilitate a return or exchange of an internationally purchased item, the customer must be:
- Able to physically present the product in question to one of our stores.
- A registered member of Decathlon Australia.
- The owner of the credit card which the reimbursement will be made to. (In cases of returns or warranty claims)
- In possession of a proof of purchase.
- Authorised in writing to return or exchange the product by the owner of the membership account under which it was purchased.
In cases of standard returns, warranty returns or refunds due to price differences in the exchange process, the refunded cost will be reimbursed in the same method that the initial payment was made where possible. (e.g., cash for cash, credit card for credit card or gift card for gift card)
All refunds will be equal to the converted value of the initial purchase, not reflective of the current domestic price of the same item. (i.e., the current equivalent exchange rate value of the item based on the receipt provided)
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback